165 Acres in Coffee Country, Utuado
Appraised October 11, 2016
- Invigorating High Mountain Coffee Country
- Type: Lots and Land
- Style: Bungalow
- Lot Size: 165 acres
VERY BEAUTIFUL COFFEE HACIENDA - PLANTATION LAND
170 Cuerdas = 165 Acres of Land
Located approximately at a 40 minute drive from Hwy 22 via the Arecibo / Lares exit or about 1.5 hours from San Juan; this property boasts of high altitude that is ideal for the gourmet artisan coffee variety. With an impressive panoramic view, lit ocean going cruise ships can be seen at the Caribbean Sea at night. The weather is quite cool most of the year and night are incredible starry.
One of my favorite attributes of this property is the privacy. The property gate is at the end of a road with just 3 other properties and has no boundaries with any main or secondary roads. It's very, very private.
The house has several structures, that include:
Nice owners shack, large concrete garage for vehicles & equipment, cement storage house, coffee storage, de-pulping and dryer building. The property has dirt service roads through the hacienda. This hacienda is a coffee processor, in other words it that sell the coffee de-pulped and dry presenting to the owner a much higher yield.
1. An awesome, no... A very awesome place to be, to live, to disconnect. This property for some people is the idilic place to have a a main residence or second home.
2. Coffee plantation and other crops.
Please know that this hacienda has been closed for near 4 years and must be cleared, pruned, fertilized to recover the coffee plants / trees overtaken by nature.
>Some of the interesting information I found in the internet from a 2012 study done by Prof. Miguel F. Monroig: http://academic.uprm.edu/mmonroig/HTMLobj-1670/Situacion_Cafe_en_PR_2015F.pdf
- Less that 1.61% of coffee plantations had a size of 100 Cuerdas or more (1 cuerda = .97 acre)
- 0.69% of the Coffee plantations are 175 cuerdas or more.
- Of near 3,400 coffee growers, 199 as of year 2012 had the capacity to de-pulp and dry their coffee production.
- 24% of coffee haciendas (that process coffee and sells it dry) produce 80% of the coffee in the island.
- 90% of the ready to consume coffee is elaborated by 10% of the coffee "torrefactores".
Brokers Opinion: I am biased here...., I love this property and believe the coffee industry has lots of potencial, specially if you develop the operation vertical from farm to cup and attend the organic artisanal market. So it makes business sense from my perspective.
Regardless of the coffee plantation or not this is a very beautiful land. For those who value nature and see the benefits in good air, healthy living and disconnecting once in a while, this can be the property for you.
All information is deemed to be correct but not guaranteed. Prices and availability subject to changes.